Tofu Hamburg – Tofu Hambagu
280g cotton tofu (1 x standard block)
drained 300g minced beef
1 tsp butter
1 tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil
1 egg yolk
15g breadcrumbs or panko
some salt and pepper
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
some soy sauce
1. Wrap the drained tofu in a tea towel to remove excess water.
2. Fry the chopped onion in butter and then remove it from the pan and allow to cool.
3. Place the tofu, onion, minced meat and A in a bowl and mix thoroughly. It will become quite sticky.
4. Divide the mixture into 4 and shape them into flattened ovals. Make a shallow hollow in the centre of each.
5. Fry the hamburgers on a medium heat with vegetable oil, turn when browned on one side, put a lid on and continue frying. When clear juice emerges on the surface of the hamburgers, they are cooked.
6. Discard the oil from the pan and add B to make the sauce. Bring it to the boil.
7. Serve the hamburgers on plates and pour the sauce over.
– I have made some editing due to lack of reader friendly aspect on the original writing. For instance, writer writes A and B, without giving readers any clue in regards to that sentence. Thus, I rewrite the recipe based on my intuition on what the writer is going to refer. And, I omit the word “pork”, as stated on the original recipe.
– Also, I don’t make the sauce and add no salt at all, as Daanish is still under 1 year old.
– However, I add leeks on my hamburg to enrich the nutrition for my son. Now, enjoy making this healthy but simple recipe, Mommies! ^^